Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Self-confidence


The first thing I notice about someone else is his or her self-confidence. No matter how grand or how small it may be, it speaks the loudest to me. Sometimes it is hard to detect, you could see from yards away how much confidence, or lack of confidence they have, or it might take a conversation to be able to tell. Your self-confidence really tells the people around you how you view yourself, and what your self-identity is.

For example, you are at a friends house, at a restaurant, or out at the mall, and there is that one loud person telling all the stories and making big movements, THAT is a person with a lot of self confidence. Why else would the try and draw so much attention to themselves? Because they are confident enough to know they can handle the attention. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying outgoing people are self centered and want all of the attention, I have no problem with people like this because it makes for good entertainment, I am just saying that they are confident in themselves to be in front of people and let their place be known. And on the other hand there are some people with low self-confidence who are off to the side, not even knowing if they should laugh at the jokes being told, or know how to respond when asked a simple question. They are very timid and to themselves, and aren’t comfortable expressing a lot of emotion in front of a large crowd.

Now these are the two extremes, but you guys get my point. This is what I see first in people, it is neither negative nor positive, just my first impression upon meeting someone, or of someone just passing by.

No comments:

Post a Comment